This has been a huge growing opportunity for me. When I arrived, multiple engineers left the team so I was asked to take over many projects. This involved dockerizing our existing testing bots and writing new bots using both Selenium and REST calls. I designed and maintain the reporting piece of our framework using Nagios, AWS, Docker, Grafana and Influxdb. From UI based bots simulating customer experience to high frequency api monitoring, I can ensure a product is running smoothly for customers.
Here I gained a solid foundation in testing and debugging approaches. Microfocus is also where I came up with the idea for my Xclip tool as it greatly sped up manual testing. I started using Bugzilla and testing manually, but soon began automating the tests I was running manually. When things slowed down with my normal projects, I built a UI smoke test for our Android developer which tests basic functionality in 45 seconds.
I met Mike Rich the founder of Actiontrak, a 3-person inventory management company, while working at T- Mobile and he offered me a position working for him. I was originally planning on writing software for him, but when I saw our lack of revenue I transitioned into handling Marketing and Sales. I redesigned the logo, built an online presence and met with high profile clients.
Here I created automated demos that Intel’s marketing teams used globally to highlight processor performance in comparison to competitors. This involved assembling gaming pc’s and intensive scripting to automate processor heavy tasks.
- 3.66 GPA – Computer Science Major – Networks Emphasis
- Senator for College of Technology and Computing
- Wolverine Scheduler (2017) Co-founder of site aimed to help students make more informed decisions on which teachers they should choose.
- Short Simple Tutorials (2016) YouTube channel which I use to share my knowledge so that others can use me as a resource and more quickly learn to use software libraries and other tools.
- Xclip (2015) Autoit program which extends the functionality of the clipboard so a user can manage many clipped strings of text.